A medical terminologist deals with customer service and secretarial skills along with knowledge of medical terminology and procedures. They can do jobs in medical offices, hospitals, clinics, or laboratories. They have to perform several duties like scheduling the appointments, billing the patients, compiling, and recording medical charts and reports.
Benefits of Medical Terminology:
- Medical terminology will help an individual to perform the job in any health care industry.
- It provides an overview of health care, anatomy, and physiology of the blood system.
- Medical terminology will help all the medical professionals to understand each other and communicate in an effective manner.
- Good quality of communication regarding the medical terminology between all the members of the health care team will help to improve the safety of the patient as there would be reduced chances of mistakes.
- If all the members of the health care team have a proper understanding of the medical terminologies, they can also guide and make their patients learn the basic words used in medical terminology.
- Every day lots of patients visit doctors to discuss their ailments and diseases. For providing more efficient care to their patients, the doctors or the nurses can write common abbreviations more quickly saving their and the patient’s time.
- Medical terminology will help you to learn techniques for analyzing different medical terms, and the basic vocabulary of all parts and systems of our body.
Medical Terminology Training Course Benefits:
After doing the medical terminology course successfully you can perform the job as the following:
- Medical Receptionist
- Clinical team leader
- Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Medical Biller
- Practice Manager
- Medical Transcriptionist
Apart from these, there are also several benefits of doing a Medical Terminology Course, such as:
- Being able to understand and speak the language of health. You will be specialized in understanding the language of health
- Communicate with the medical staff more efficiently and you can also read the medical documentation easily.
If you are explaining your problems to the doctor, then you should know the basic functioning of different parts and systems of the body. No one can learn and memorize all the procedures, diseases, and diagnoses present in a medical dictionary. For making it easier, the complex words are broken down into three parts which are: prefixes, subject, and suffixes.
Breaking it down: Word Parts
Beginning = Prefix
Description: Number/Amount, size, location, color, etc.
Middle = Root
Subject: It is related to the part of the body
Ending = Suffix
Condition: It tells about the procedures that could be done for the diagnosis of any disease.
Size and Amount
|large, visible to the naked eye
|small, not visible to the naked eye
|High; above normal; elevated
|Low; below normal; decreased
|Large; large than average
|Many; a lot
|Few; several; very little
|Inside, inner; interior
|Outside, outer; exterior
|Next to; besides; adjacent
Medical Terminology – Body (General)
Medical Terminology Training Course in Ontario:
Canadian Ultrasound institute offers medical terminology program to its health care students. You will be prepared for a job in the health care system. Students will learn medical terms for diseases and procedures of body systems. They will be trained for alternate medical terms for the same diseases. Not to forget, this medical terminology course is very beneficial for International Medical Graduates.
The course offered on Medical Terminology is with a flexible schedule. This workshop will give you training for the Medical Terminology Course. You will have classroom lectures. The stipulated fee for this workshop is $450 and you will also be getting free parking. You will get a Medical Terminologist certificate from Canadian Ultrasound Institute ( recognized by the Canadian Government) after completing the workshop successfully.
|Discount available at early registration
|Class course on Medical Terminology
Medical Terminology Career in Canada:
Medical Terminology plays important role in the health care field and there is a huge demand for specially trained and qualified people to perform their role as medical terminologists. Medical terminologist has a very bright future in Canada as they get a tempting salary of $5004 monthly.
Canadian Ultrasound Institute in Ontario ensures you a promising future ahead just by attending a class course on medical terminology. So, get admission in this short course for becoming a trained and successful medical terminologist to serve people in need of health care. Good day to you!